Saturday, December 2, 2006

Prince dilemma

Gwenchik (a Russian variation on an old Welsh name Gwyneth) is an adorable, very opinionated, and lately obsessed with anything having to do with princesses, 3.3 year old daughter. About a month ago, while picking Gwenchik up from her childcare, to my question: "How was your day?" 
Gwen: Mom, I have a dilemma.
Me: Dilemma? What does that mean?
Gwen: I don't know, but I need a prince. Lesha (the love of her life for the moment) wants to be a Lion and not my prince.
Me: What about Shane (another boy at childcare)?
Gwen: Oh, no. He can't be a prince, because he still wears a diaper. Princes do not wear one. Ira asked him, and I tried, but he doesn't want to take it off.
Me: What about Osya?
Gwen: Mom, he is SHORT! There are no short princes. So now I am without a prince.

No comments: