Saturday, January 12, 2008

Asking for too much

We were driving back from our Saturday classes. On the way there we were listening to classical music and discussing anatomy: functions of the brain and the stomach. So on the way back, I wanted to listen to my last book on tape: "Harry Potter".
Me: Ok, let's listen to some Harry Potter for a bit.
Gwen: No, I want to know more about anatomy.
Me: But I can't really tell you more. Let's get a book from the library and we can look at the pictures and read more about it. But for now, I want something for my enjoyment.
Gwen: But I kiss you for your enjoyment all the time! Why do you need some Harry Potter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Children have it right. They tend to be clear and direct about their thoughts and feelings. These youngsters don't learn to repress feelings and hide the truth until later in life. No wonder adults often lose sight of their true selves. They often spend more time pretending to be who they aren't rather than being who they are. What about you?