Thursday, October 20, 2011

What good is an uncle?

When Gwenchik was really young, we were trying to discourage her sticking out her tongue at everyone everywhere and agreed that she could only do it to her uncle Roddy, but to him as much as she wanted to. He would visit once or twice a month and she would stick out her tongue, but for the rest of the time she would have to hold it in.

Today Gwenchik was reading comments left by her uncle.

Gwen: Next summer I should go to Russia to visit my grandparents and my uncle. Lately I feel like sticking out my tongue, but I can't. I can't stick it out at you, because you will get upset; I can't at school, because this is inappropriate. So my only recourse is my uncle and he is far away in Russia.

2 comments:

Leyla said...

You can still do it on skype if you feel like it :-)

Roddy said...

Katia's parents bought us a camera for our computer. So now if we ever connect on skype we can turn it on and you can stick out your toung all you want.
I know its not the same as in person, but hopefully will get you through for now.