Thursday, December 6, 2007

Who makes the decisions

We were returning from a Russian language class, where Gwenchik performed brilliantly. Normally her grandmother takes her to these, but the teacher asked that I bring Gwenchik, as there seems to be trouble with her concentration.
So, as we come out of the class:
Me: I am so proud that you did so well.
Gwen: I was the best in the class today! I helped everyone read, as I read faster than anyone else.
Me: So then why did you have trouble last time?
Gwen: You know, if it is you or dad taking me to the class, and both of you are decision makers, I decided to listen to you and behave well and follow along in class.
Me: What about grandma?
Gwen: Hmmm, I make all the decisions for grandma, not the other way around, so why do I need to behave well?

No comments: