Friday, September 10, 2010

From the goodness of your heart

A friend of mine is visiting us and we are redecorating our living room. On the side we decided to make a few change to Gwenchik's room which eventually grew to a lot of changes. We are discussing that for the upcoming birthday the major redecoration of her room is her presents because we really didn't plan on it and Ksenia is doing it " from the goodness of her heart".
Gwen: Ok, than I do not want the redecorated room.
Me: Do you want us to put everything back as it were.
Gwen: No, I want to keep the new room, I just do not want it as a present. I already know about the redecoration and I want a surprise.
Me: So all the effort and labor and new stuff that we are buying doesn't count as a present? How do you expect to keep the new room?
.....
Gwen: Hmmm, from the goodness of your hearts?


No comments: