Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Monopoly

Gwenchik begged me to play "Monopoly" with her for a long time as I am not a fan of the game. As she is losing and finally lands on one of my streets with a hotel on:

Gwen: I can't believe it. You wouldn't help your ONLY daughter!
Me: Well, you can mortgage your railroads or streets and I can help you calculate...
Gwen: YOUR ONLY daughter and you want to charge ME rent!
Me: It's a game, as you well know. Do you want me to give in?
Gwen: No. But when I grow up and have a daughter I will not WIN in "Monopoly" against her. I always, always win against Dad, as he doesn't know how to play. Why, why, why do you win in the game you do not even like?

1 comment:

Roddy said...

Gwen, that is why your mom doesnt much like Monopoly, she always wins. We used to play it a lot long ago (me and your mom and dad), it seems like most of the time your mom was the winner.
I think she wins for the same reason she always wins in bonanzf, it has something to do with her ability to trade with other people realy well, but i was never able to prove it.